Monday 25 November 2013

SRC: Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies


Welcome to another Secret Recipe Club Group D reveal day. Each month we are assigned a blog in secret and we then choose 1 recipe to make and blog about on the same reveal day which is today. I made this recipe early in the month but I can still remember the amazing smells from my kitchen and the lovely flavour from these cookies. They are definitely for peanut butter lovers like me - soft, crumbly and full of peanut butter flavour. Needless to say, these were really popular and I'm sure I'll be making them again soon. 

My assigned blog this month is Making Miracles written by Rebekah who started her blog in 2006 to record her experiences in surrogacy but it has since evolved to include her day to day life, including what her son and puppies have been up to and the recipes that she creates in the kitchen. You can read more about her surrogacy experience here which is truly inspiring. She had my blog last month and made my Neiman Marcus Cookies and it's pure coincidence that I also chose a cookie recipe to make. 

She has lots of amazing recipes on her blog and although it was difficult to pick one, I knew what I wanted to make as soon as I saw her Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies. Other recipes that have also caught my eye are Avocado and Banana bread, Chocolate Chip Cookie Souffle and Lemon Sunshine Cake



 Luckily I bought some peanut butter chips from my recent trip to America 

 adding in PB chips 

 ready to go in the oven 




Recipe adapted slightly from Making Miracles
Makes approximately 73 cookies

375g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
225g butter
150g brown sugar
180g caster sugar
2 eggs
360g peanut butter chips
250g smooth peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
  • Beat butter, peanut butter and vanilla in an electric mixer until well blended.
  • Beat in both sugars.
  • Stir in half of the dry ingredients.
  • Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
  • Stir in the remaining half of the dry ingredients.
  • Finally stir in the peanut butter chips.
  • Place 1 scoop of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat, spacing the cookies apart. 
  • Bake for about 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 

23 comments:

  1. These look so tasty and VERY naughty but NICE Ros! I do miss being part of Group D and I miss you too, need to get by more often to see what you are doing! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise you'd left Group D :( I have to pop over to yours more frequently too!

      Delete
  2. You can never go wrong with a good cookie. Peanut butter cookies are absolutely delicious! Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick for src~ Peanut butter cookies are always a favorite in my house~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you enjoyed them! I can imagine the smell right now... yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peanut butter and peanut butter chips, sounds amazing! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. peanut butter AND peanut butter chips? super yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of peanut butter in a cookie, I love that! These are one of my favorite cookies, so traditional and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peanut Butter - nothing better! delicious looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore peanut butter cookies...the more peanut butter flavor, the better in my opinion! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, you can't have too much peanut butter!

      Delete
  10. I never made peanut butter cookies, much to my husband despair... I should fix that problem...

    it's one of those classic recipes that I should try, it just happens that back home growing up in Brazil, peanut butter was not something I used to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth trying if you like peanut butter.

      Delete
  11. Peanut butter cookies is one of my favorites!! Great src pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you have PB chips in your cookies too! Double the yum! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peanut Butter Cookies are always a winner in my book ;D Lovely pick this month!

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!