Monday 12 January 2015

Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups


Quick post today. January is turning out to be busier than expected so apologies for the lack of posts. I've had this recipe bookmarked since last year from Nigella's Christmas and I'm glad I finally got round to making them. They are just like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups but better! I watched Nigella demonstrate the recipe on her Christmas show which was the impetus for making these. I also needed some gluten free treats for my afternoon tea and I absolutely love peanut butter so this was a no brainer. A word of warning though, they are quite addictive! 

I'm sending this to Bookmarked Recipes hosted by Jacqueline from Tinned Tomatoes. I've had this recipe bookmarked for over a year from my copy of Nigella's Christmas. The recipe is also available online. 






 Little peanut butter cups ready to be coated in chocolate 

 I used mini silver star sprinkles and I did a few colourful ones as well 

 This is what it looked like on the afternoon tea spread (top left) 

Recipe from Nigella's Christmas Kitchen 2007 which can be found online here 

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. I love peanut butter cups. I bet these are so much nicer though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are much tastier and so easy to make at home.

      Delete
  2. There is something about January that calls for chocolate peanut butter cups - good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha true even though I'm in the small minority as almost everyone I know is on a diet of some sort!

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!