Saturday 14 March 2015

No Bake Nutella Cheesecake



This is a really quick and easy no bake recipe. It has a creamy Nutella cream cheese filling and an oreo cookie base. I served it with grated chocolate and fresh strawberries. It is absolutely delicious and I'd eat this everyday if I could! It's full of stuff that's bad for you which is probably why it tastes so good!

I used up lots of leftovers for this recipe which is sort of how it came about. I had an open packet of oreo biscuits from making my Valentine Penguin Oreos. I also had an opened jar of Nutella from recent bakes and a tub of cream cheese that was near expiry. Therefore I am sending this to the No Waste Food Challenge hosted by Elizabeth from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary.




 

 I love my new set of glass dishes which I saw on Kate's blog and she told me she got them from Ikea. Thanks Kate! 



The recipe is slightly made up and I can't remember the exact amounts!

Roughly 8 or 10 oreo cookies, crushed
approximately 30g butter, melted (might need more)
200g cream cheese
50g icing sugar
200mls double cream (could add a little more if you prefer)
approximately 150g - 200g Nutella (or add as much as you like!)


  • Place the oreo cookies in a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin. Alternatively you can blitz it in a food processor. 
  • Place the butter in a small bowl and melt in the microwave. 
  • Stir the butter into the crushed cookies.You may need a little more butter if the mixture is too dry.
  • Press the oreo butter mixture into the bottom of your serving dish and level with a spoon. 
  • Place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
  • Meanwhile beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Scoop into a large bowl and set aside. 
  • Next beat the cream cheese and icing sugar.
  • Add in the nutella and continue beating. 
  • Now spoon the mixture out into your bowl of whipped cream and mix with a spoon until smooth (don't use the mixer at this stage or the cream might split)
  • Spoon the Nutella/cream cheese mixture on top of the cookie base and leave to chill in the fridge.
  • Decorate with grated chocolate and fresh strawberries. 


3 comments:

  1. Love these Ros. Nutella is always a winner and these are so quick and easy! Glad you found the dishes..... Thanks for the mention and link x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know - I love the dishes. I also love Nutella and would eat this everyday if I could x

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness, yum! This sounds like the perfect indulgent late night snack! Thank you for sharing with the no waste food challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!