Friday 17 April 2015

Lemon Posset with Fresh Strawberries


Hurrah for Friday! It's been a long busy week and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. This is a really quick and easy dessert to make. I had some leftover double cream that was near exipiring so I did a quick search on google and came up with lemon posset. This is actually something I wanted to make for my New Year's Day Afternoon Tea but I never got round to it. I also had some fresh strawberries in the fridge so I did a mini layered dessert with fresh strawberries, lemon posset and more fresh strawberries. It was really zingy and fruity and felt quite refreshing despite the cream in there. 

I'm sending this to No Waste Food Challenge hosted by Elizabeth from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary. I used up leftover cream that was near expiring and some fresh strawberries for this recipe.





 cooking the lemon posset 



Recipe from BBC Good Food 

600mls double cream
200g golden caster sugar
zest and juice of 3 lemons
fresh strawberries (optional)


  • Place and cream and sugar in a large saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has melted.
  • Simmer gently once the mixture is bubbling and turn off the heat.
  • Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and stir.
  • Allow to cool in the pan before dividing into serving dishes.
  • Chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
  • I placed a layer of chopped strawberries followed by the lemon posset and more fresh strawberries. 



5 comments:

  1. Wow... that's so simple! I bet it tasted wonderful though. I love creamy lemon puddings, especially when paired with berries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was absolutely divine and went really well with the berries.

      Delete
  2. A lovely, summery way to use up leftover cream. Yum! Thank you for sharing with the No Waste Food Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious. I love lemony desserts. Great way to use up leftover cream and wonderful that it can be made in advance - brilliant for a big dinner where some advance-planning is required. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lemony desserts too and this was seriously good. Definitely a great idea for a dessert you can make in advance.

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!