Monday 25 May 2015

Pecan Butterscotch Blondies


We went to America a few weeks ago for a holiday to celebrate J's significant birthday. We had a brilliant time and it was also a good opportunity for me to stock up on American baking goodies. I bought a few bags of butterscotch chips as I love the flavour and really enjoy baking with them. However, my favourite combination is still butterscotch and pecans so I decided to make some blondies with them. The flavours work really well together and they were quite addictive! I brought this along with the Irish tea bread to work but these were devoured much quicker. I'm sure I will be getting repeat requests for this one! 




 adding butterscotch chips and pecan nuts 

 ready to bake 

 fresh from the oven 

 delicious! 

Makes 1 large traybake

225g buttter
200g brown sugar
75g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g plain flour
100g pecan nuts, chopped
300g butterscotch chips

  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
  • Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
  • Stir in the flour and mix well. 
  • Finally stir in the butterscotch chips and pecan nuts.
  • Press into a traybake tin and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 





4 comments:

  1. I love those butterscotch chips and have used them myself in the past. We both have butterscotch themed posts today - spooooky 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good, right up my street. I need to get my hands on some butterscotch chips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are amazing and so versatile for baking.

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!